Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis

What would you do if you had a thousand lives to live? Would you become insular and stuck in your ways? Or would you be innovative and accept change?
Ana is the first person born into her society that hasn't lived before. The night that she was born, the tower went dark and the soul that would have been reborn was replaced with Ana. When she leaves the woman who raised and hated her, she sets out on a journey to discover who and what she is.

Review
I liked the premise of this story, I just wish that there was a little bit more action in the plot. The entire novel feels like a set up for the sequel. While Ana discovers herself and, shockingly, falls in love with the first man she ever sees, random elements are thrown in to the story and never explained or utilized. I would have loved it if the novel actually explained the presence of sylphs and dragons as opposed to randomly introducing them when Ana needed a prod to change her direction. Some stories are able to focus only on the internal growth of one character, but this novel just wasn't able to.

My Recommendation
I enjoyed this story, but it is a bit slow in places. I give it  3 /5  - Rent it/Borrow it.

What do you think?
Do you agree/disagree? Do you want to read it now? Or not? I love to hear(read) feedback!

No comments: