Monday, October 29, 2012

Dishonored


Dishonored


Synopsis
The rat plague has taken over Dunwall, bringing the city to its knees. When the empress is murdered and the heir kidnapped, you (Corvo) are asked the dirty work to save the city. Will you choose to save the city? Or finish it off?


Review
For starters, I am absolutely horrible at first person shooters. I know that the picture above is for the PC version, but I played this on PS3, and had a really difficult time with the controls. The game took me somewhere ~ 20 hours of game play to complete, but my guess was that I spent a good 50% of that time falling off of things and getting murdered. Or just falling to my death.  I also found the hand to hand combat to be ridiculously hard, it was nearly impossible to stay targeted when people were bouncing around as we fought. (This could just be me and my not-so leet skillz) That said, the game was fun! It's actually the first game that I've played all the way through since Diablo III, and I enjoyed the experience a whole lot more than that one.
Though the game has "consequences" I didn't really notice any difference between my good decisions and my bad ones, or my lethal/ nonlethal ones.  The big difference in endings that I experienced was cause by inability to not fall off of tall structures in the last two minutes of the game. (I know it's vague, but I don't want to spoil it for you...)
The story was great, and there are tons of places to explore. I thought that the skills were interesting, but it did seem that there were some skills that were entirely necessary and some that weren't. Stopping time and teleporting were a bit more important to me than summoning a band of rats or possessing something (though I do hear that it is a fun way to play the game.) I don't like the first person view point, and would have loved the ability to ZOOM OUT at times, but I could see how that made the experience more intense. I guess.

My Recommendation
While I was surprised that the game play was short, I had a great time. I give it 5/5 - Worth full price.

What do you think?
Do you agree/disagree? I love to hear(read) feedback!

No comments: