Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Dark Heroine: Dinner With a Vampire by Abigail Gibbs


The Dark Heroine: Dinner With a VampireThe Dark Heroine: Dinner With a Vampire by Abigail Gibbs

Synopsis

Violet is just another rich seventeen year old girl wandering the streets of London after a night of clubbing. However, all of that comes to a screeching halt when she witnesses the massacre of a group of men by six teenage boys. The boys kidnap her and offer her a choice; become a vampire or remain trapped in a castle full of vampires for the rest of her life.

Review

When I originally picked up this book, I thought that it would be just another cheesy romance. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised when the story turned out to be interesting. While I occasionally wanted to beat Violet over the head, I still enjoyed her character as a whole. I found Kaspar to be a more interesting character. Even though there were chapters written from his point of view, the insight into his actions was still a bit superficial. This left me wondering why, exactly, he was doing some of the strange things he was doing.
While I certainly hope that the obvious sequels provide poor Violet and Kaspar more personal growth, I'm interested to read them. I look forward to the unveiling of each of the nine dimensions and hope that the author really gets the chance to explore the similarities and differences between them.

My Recommendation

If you don't hate romance, read it! While I feel a bit like this book is a cross between Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray, I think it was an enjoyable cross. I stayed up late finishing the story, and you might too. I give it 5/5 worth the full price!


No comments: