Monday, April 23, 2012

Eve by Anna Carey


Eve (Eve, #1)
Synopsis

On the night before Eve's graduation, she learns a horrible truth about the school she has attended since the plague that killed off most of the world's population. The next day, she and her classmates won't be heading out to train for professions and wonderful lives, they will be chained to beds in a concrete room and forced to bear children until the die. Unable to save her friends and classmates from this horrible fate, she runs from the school with nothing more than a few rumors of a resistance and no practical skills. She will have to discover the truth of the world and figure out a way to survive.

Review

I enjoyed this book. It was a nice mix of 1984 and post-apocalyptic world. The characters were as well rounded as they could be after being raised in a fairly one dimensional world. Unlike many books that I have read lately, Eve managed to hold my attention. Plus, although the book is set up for a sequel, the ending didn't feel forced and the story actually had a conclusion.

My Recommendation

I really liked the adventure, however I'm feeling cheap today. I give it a 4/5 - Wait for a sale/coupon.




No comments: