Friday, October 12, 2012

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Angelfall by Susan Ee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis
The world has become a dangerous, hopeless place after a league of angels appeared and destroyed the modern world. Penryn is trying to get her disabled sister to the imagined safety of the hills when a white feather drifts down in front of her. In an attempt to save her sister and her mother, she distracts a group of angels intent on killing another of their kind. She picks up a sword and tosses it to angel on the ground as his wings are cut off. In retaliation, one of the attackers steals her sister and flies away. Penryn is stuck with a wingless angel and a desperate need to find and save her sister. Can she do what needs to be done to get the answers she needs from him?

Review
This is by far the best angel book that I have read, I didn't even mind that it was set up for a sequel. I really enjoyed the fact that nothing was presented in a straight forward manner, but that the ploy was not overly twisty or contrived. Plus, I found the characters, including the inhuman angels to be realistically flawed and was moved to actually care about what would happen to them.

My Recommendation
I really enjoyed this story. I give it 5/5 - Worth the full price.

No comments: