Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vampires Suck

Vampires Suck


Synopsis
A parody of the Twilight movies with current pop culture references. Becca is new in town, living with her father, the sheriff. She falls in love with the local hottie, Edward Sullen. Her childhood friend Jacob also loves her, and the two fight over her.

Review
I expected this movie to be horrible like Disaster Movie, but it was surprisingly entertaining. Hate the Twilight craze but basically know what's going on? You might like this movie. There is the standard prop/gross out humor, but as this movie seems to be targeted more at girls than most of the spoof movies seem to be, it's not that bad. My boyfriend actually enjoyed it a bit more than I did, and he doesn't even know what happened in New Moon (he did suffer through a rental of Twilight though). His words were "if Twilight was like this, I may have actually watched it."

My Recommendation
It's very entertaining, but I don't know if I would be willing to pay full ticket price for it. 3/5 - Rent it/Borrow it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to see this movie, it looks hilarious. As I stated in my "22 things I've learned by age 22," dreadful movies can actually be funnier than intended comedies. I might actually go see this movie now, especially since I laughed all throughout the "Twilight" saga films.

Smarla said...

haha this was an awful movie! i miss scary movie 1. i think that's the only funny movie among those types of comedic films