Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crewel by Gennifer Albin

Crewel (Crewel World, #1)Crewel by Gennifer Albin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis

Adelice's parents raised her to hide her gift, her ability to manipulate the fabric of reality around her. Unfortunately on the last day of testing she slipped and is pulled into a world of secrets and lies when she is "chosen" to become a Spinster, the women that change and control the world. After her violent transition to Coventry, Adelice must fight for control of her own life and the lives of those she loves.

Review

This novel surprised me. I didn't initially think that the book would take place in a post apocalyptic male ruled society. Plus, there was an actual twist at the end of the book that I didn't see coming. (Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you) While Adelice was frustrating at times, acting on the impulsiveness of a 16 year old girl, I thought that she was a wonderful character. The pace of the story was quick, though it felt a bit rushed and cluttered at the end; obviously setting up for the sequel. I will be interested in reading the next part of the story to see what could possibly happen next.

My Recommendation

I really enjoyed this book and give it 5/5 - Amazing!.

1 comment:

Obsession with Books said...

A great review! The world of Crewel was fascinating, I'm looking forward to reading the sequel :)