Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

Synopsis
Katniss is now with the rebels and must decide if she is willing to become the face of the revolution. She may be out for President Snow's blood, but she also needs to figure out if the new government will be any better than the previous tyranny.

Review
I enjoyed this book so much more than the second one. While there was more self-indulgent whining on the part of Katniss, the inclusion of a wider character base really fleshed out the story. If was also nice to see that some of Katniss' reactions were actually based on damage from the games and not just on her lack of a personality. I was actually moved to tears at one point due to the return of Buttercup and his interaction with Katniss. The series certainly wraps everything up by the end of the story, and I found the tone of the the conclusion to be very satisfying.

My Recommendation
If you made it through Catching Fire, then this is your reward. Though be warned, the first few chapters are still a bit whiny. I give it a 4/5 - Wait for a sale/coupon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the first and third books. And I agree that Mockingjay's the best way to end the story.